Friday, November 13, 2009

a while

It doesn't just feels like forever, it has been a while since I posted. I tried the pen and paper approach for a while and even that has fallen by the wayside. I think as usual, I can't think of anything interesting to talk about at length. Even when I have an idea I wouldn't remember it long enough to sit down and write about it. I could, in theory, write it through my phone. Which was the intention of getting this phone at the first place, but it has been acting up lately. I have a tendency to abandon ideas quickly when my perceived needs outgrow the technology in my possession.

With that said. I'm looking to get a new phone next month. Something of a Christmas present for myself. It's not going to be what you think. I opt for freedom rather then loyalty. There are a few factors that is prohibiting/discouraging me to get what my friend dubbed the iTrend. It is inevitable that I shall move on from the current device that has served me well in the last year and a half. I'm just getting sick of having to reboot it every couple of hours in order to make a call.

This in turn made me think about my shopping habit. In regards to technology, I am not loyal to any brand. All I look to is the feature and the amount of control I possess to that particular piece of technology. I have a feeling that makes me a minority when it comes to people who likes to shop as much as I do. I don't always make the purchase, but when I do, I look for the best balance between price and features. I can be a bit of a nightmare to providers because I am so hard to please sometimes.

With the advance of technology I have become more mobile. I like to have services that allows me to update and be updated on information from the internet on demand. It has been about two months since I had time to just sit down and type out what I think. The use of mobile technology is important to me. I just may go insane without it. I'm still in the process of developing my own website. I saw a very good example of it yesterday. http://www.worldrider.com/blog/ He used technology on the go to update what was going on. I want to do that. Travel and photography, that is exactly what I was looking to do. I have a lot to aspire to.

No comments: