Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Paris

I was stopped in front of the bathroom by the friendly chatty chick from the other department. She looked at my necklace that was thoughtfully picked out by my man with an image of the Eiffel Tower on it. She asked me if I would live there. I had to think about it. I love the city, but what would I do there? As much as I would love to just trot around the city to take pictures and people watch in cafes, I can't think of a single thing I can do for a living there. She suggested I can probably open a little cafe, but why would I want to be cooped up in a shop all day?

There are a few items I thought of packing upon this suggestion. The first obvious thing will be my camera. I will have to invest in a better lens, or maybe even a really nice point and shoot. I will get a kindle or an equivalent ebook because I want to read and I'm not keen to carrying around a massive amount of books. I will get a smaller size notebook to carry around. I will need to consider my cell phone options that would give me the internet plus tethering abilities. My iPod. About a weeks worth of clothing. A credit card with a good amount of limit. That's all I really need.

In fact, that's all I really need for wherever I will be.

No comments: