Tuesday, February 24, 2009

so what do you blog about?

A coworker walked by during my break, saw me messing with my layout. "Ohh, what's that?" "My blog" "So what do you blog about?" I didn't have a good answer. It is not quite an online open diary, a random collection of stuff I find interesting, mindless writing to convince myself of things, or a chronicle of the happenings. "Musings, Rantings, Bulls and Such" What does it amounts to anyway?

I've taken interest in a few blogs thanks to twitter (that's another story). Not many out there are good, I can say with confidence. Most of the better ones I like has a focus. I want to be more interesting to the run of the mill reader, but I have so many things I'm interested in.

I've come to a conclusion that a catch-all blog is the most horrific thing to exist alone. There needs to be sections and focus. No matter how little material there is to support each section, it is still much easier to navigate then a plain old catch-all. I'm thinking about sectioning off my posts into different sections and have a "catch-all" to highlight recent postings.

No comments: