Thursday, August 13, 2009

and the adventure rolls on

Another three and a half hours and my second work week comes to an end. "But it's Thursday at 12:30!" you exclaimed. That indeed is true. Jealous yet? I have done more in the past two weeks then I would have done in a month in my previous position. I feel more useful too. I'm always working on something. Hopefully I'm done with the heavy lifting for the time being. I unloaded a while file cabinet and shifted another three in the past two days. That's as much working out as I have done in a while.

One of the great things about this job is that I am not being micromanaged. That is such a change of pace I don't know what to do with myself half the time. I have a to do list. I set my own goals and off I go.

I joined the company gym yesterday. I'll start my regular workouts next week. Jogging for an hour and a half every day after work sounds good to me. I've been feeling heavier and heavier every day. It's not a good feeling. I got a lot of things settled in regards to benefits and stuff. Things are falling into place.

I decided to take a weekend getaway next week. It should be fun.

No comments: