Saturday, August 15, 2009

somewhat groggy

There was a news report a couple of weeks ago talking about the benefits of napping. I think it's grossly misrepresented in the way it was reported. It's great when it's in the middle of a work day when you're stressed and overloaded. Not like just now when I've done virtually nothing in the morning and slept from 2 to 5:30. Now I just feel parched and well, groggy. I don't remember craving and enjoying a peach Snapple so much in a long while.

Sometimes going to the farmer's market makes me want to live off the land. I got a good size bag of zucchini blossom today for a buck. Half the amount of that in a prissy take-out box would have cost me something like five bucks in Mountain View. While I was looking for recipes I found it to be an easy produce to grow. Makes me want to plant it in the garden. The tomato plants we planted on the side of our yard has grown into a monstrous hedge. It's strange to us how large those plants can grow since my previous experiences involved plant boxes, five inch plants, and one full grown tomato that I eventually forgot to sample. This hedge is almost as tall as me, yield several pounds of yellow cherry tomato, and is still producing more late into the summer. It has been quite a learning experience in our first growing season. I haven't had the guts to mess with the compost. It'll be a while until I figure that one out.

No comments: