Thursday, July 16, 2009

I lost count

I'm not sure how many more days I have left here on account I have no idea when I start my next job. I'm pretty excited about it. I can probably speak more of it when I'm actually there. In the mean time I am still here, waiting.

I went to see the latest Harry Potter film last night. It wasn't a horrible movie, but I was disappointed. I suppose I can't have it all. I think reading the books really ruins the movie experience. I don't intend on reading the books again. Oh well. It was a fun evening anyway.

I'm not too happy about the new TGIFridays. The location near my house re-opened. The menu is different and our service was poor. To top things off my third choice beer (they were out of the first two on tap) was stale. So far I'm not impressed. Since that is the closest bar to the movie theater we go to, I suspect we will go back sometime in the future.

I didn't see too many movie previews I liked last night. Maybe I'm just getting a bit too cynical about movie and television. I liked the Sherlock Holmes trailer. Not because they entirely bastardized it to an action adventure, it was because Jude Law (Watson) punched Robert Downey Jr (Holmes) in the face. I would watch the movie for that.

I'm starting to clean out my desk. I took out a bunch of food items a little while back. I just have a lot of crap.

I'm behind on my reading. I haven't really had the chance to spend a quiet evening by myself for a while. Passing out in exhaustion does not help either.

No comments: