Tuesday, July 28, 2009

sunburn

The weekend has come and gone. It was way too short in my opinion. It has been way too long since I had such a good mix of fun and misery. Everything was great except for getting car sick. At least I didn't throw up in the car.



I took some great pictures and had a pretty good time, but Yosemite is not as appealing to me as it once was. To me, Yosemite is sort of a mythical place. The rustic environment, the history, the natural wonder of it all. The drive in and out of the park was not great, and we only spent a few hours in there. We might have spent most of our time on the road. You would think that is a deterrent for people to visit.

The main thing that irks me is the crowd. Traffic jams in a national park. I understand everybody wants to see it, but not like this. There is simply too many people around for me to find the experience entirely enjoyable. I found it obscene how I had to jockey for a spot to set up my tripod at 10 in the morning.

I desperately want to bring my childhood wonder back in regards to the park and I think I know how. This has to be a major entry into travel blog (when I finally get around to it) because I intend to carry it through. I want to spend at least a week in the park in a cabin in spring. Get up at 6 in the morning and hit the trails. I intend to hike up to the top of Yosemite Falls, Half Dome, and El Capitan. I can sleep the crowd away. That will be ideal.

I have so many things I want to do.

No comments: