Friday, July 24, 2009

nature and me

I'm all packed. My gear is in my car and I'm ready to go. Heading up to Manteca tonight right after work and it's Yosemite Saturday morning! I hope it doesn't get too crowded. I already know it's going to be incredibly hot. Forecast said it is going to be in the hundreds. Joy. I should bring my nalgene.

I don't know if I really look forward to driving up tonight, but at least I don't have to drive at 6 am tomorrow. It's piling into the van and snooze for two hours for me. Actually I will probably spend some time messing with my camera. The last time I was there it was... I don't think I've been there since junior high. I'm brining my camera and tripod this time in addition to my point and shoot.

I'm not too happy with my photo collections of late. I think I put away that focus on little details. Those are the best photos I have ever taken. I have been doing all point and shoot photos lately. Not my best. Maybe I will get some good stuff this weekend. I need to put my camera to good use.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Have a great time, I can't wait to see your photos (if you decide to share). It's been YEARS since I've been, I did always love visiting even on those hot, hot days. I think one day I'll have to take Shawn, he's never been. Crazy, no?